In 1983, Network Systems Engineering Corp. (NSEC) designed its first computerized process-monitoring system to provide high-speed data acquisition to support the startup of the Hope Creek Nuclear Power Station in New Jersey. This system consisted of a number of remote multiplexers and monitored approximately 400 process signals using a Hewlett-Packard HP1000 minicomputer. Since then, NSEC has worked on numerous power plant monitoring and control systems in all types of applications; from large nuclear power plants to small combustion turbines.
From that humble beginning, NSEC has evolved into a first-class professional engineering organization specializing in the design, implementation, and testing of electrical, instrumentation, control, and computer systems in Nuclear Power Facilities.
NSEC works with its Clients to develop designs which incorporate commercially available off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware and software systems thus minimizing customization; reducing the risk of obsolescence; and providing flexibility for future upgrades, enhancements, and additions. In those situations, NSEC works with the system/OEM vendors to ensure that their products are appropriately integrated into the overall design and installed to maximize system performance. If required, NSEC can develop custom hardware and software solutions when commercially available products are not available or are not appropriate for the specific application.
NSEC maintains a fully qualified Appendix B Quality Assurance Program and is capable of performing engineering design work on “safety-related” systems. NSEC also maintains a fully qualified Safeguards Information Program which meets all aspects of 10CFR Part 73.21.
With over 35 years of experience in implementing many types of electrical, monitoring and control systems, NSEC has the capability to design, implement, validate, and support a variety of plant system, including:
- Plant Process Computer Systems
- Plant Process Computer (PPC)
- Safety Parameter Display System (SPDS)
- Plant Control Room
- Power Systems
- Diesel Generators
- Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS)
- Power Distribution Systems
- Security Systems
- Security Computer System (SCS)
- Access Control System (ACS)
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- Video Surveillance System (VSS)
- Alarm Stations
- Security Lighting
- Voice Communications System
- Process Monitoring & Control Systems
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA)
- Energy Management Systems (EMS)
- Turbine/Generator Monitoring and Control Systems (DEHC)
- Water Treatment Monitoring and Control Systems
- Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
Please browse the other pages on our site for detailed information on our capabilities or go to Experience Summary for summarized information. To speak with our professionals: Contact NSEC electronically or call (772) 492-9493.